Thursday, March 3, 2011

Floor plan for the new bedroom

For visual aesthetics (as viewed from our "posh" living room), I will need to place the glass-paned french doors in the center of the new wall.

CLOSETS: For purposes of resale value, a bedroom isn't truly counted as a bedroom unless it has a closet.
Since the french doors will be centered, I will build two small closets on each side. I am not yet sure what type of closet doors I will use (possibly bifold doors), but I will choose them before I frame the closet walls.

I found an affordable pre-hung french door at my local Lowe's. It will require some careful painting, but even had I opted for a more-expensive pre-primed unit, I still would have to paint it in a final finish color.  Here's the door I have ordered: Interior french door

The shaded right side of the drawing is an existing opening in the wall that allows us to look down from our office-loft into the dining room. It will be simple to close this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment