Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Closing in on the lower wall

Tuesday, May 17:

With the window framing complete, I turned my attention to the lower wall, the outside of which I need to fill in with plywood so that I can install a waterproof barrier  and then mount the actual window.
How excited can I get about a little blue box? Pretty excited, actually, because it means electrical work, which is pure, clean fun. Before I close the wall on the outside, I need to run a wire from the ceiling below to feed two outlets on this wall.
I used 1x2 recessed strips for inner frames I will mount 1/2" plywood panels into each opening so that the plywood is flush with the outside edges of the studs.  A water-barrier will go over the plywood, then stucco mesh and stucco.  The plywood will give me strong backing to trowel against when applying stucco.

But before I install the plywood panels, I need to do two things: (1) thread the electrical wire up into wall; (2) put pink insulation into the lower coffers, which will no longer be accessible once the plywood goes on.   (The upper coffers floor to windowsill will still remain open on the inside, so I can insulate those sections anytime prior to hanging drywall.)

No comments:

Post a Comment