Thursday, August 18, 2011

Removing some scaffolding

In preparation for the final, color-coat of stucco, I removed the upper part of the scaffolding this morning. With the wood posts out of the way, next weekend I can "feather" the color-coat out to blend in with the existing stucco.


Above the window, and to the sides, I just need to put a very thin coating of LaHabra color stucco. I can manage that with a ladder.  Below the window, however, it will need to be a bit thicker, and I will have to use a screed board to level it out perfectly.
 

Once the stucco is finished – probably next Monday – it will be interesting to see how well the color matches as the masonry cures. If I need to touch it up with paint, I will leave the remaining scaffold to make it easier to reach the high parts of the wall.

Within a few more weeks, this scaffold should be gone and the outside should be finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment